Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nyles, COTA, New Direction


My handsome man has been down in Tucson at COTA (Correctional Officer Training Academy) since Sunday night.  COTA is basically a bootcamp for AZ Correctional Officers.  So far he says he's excited & that it's cool but also the hardest thing he's ever done.  I know I couldn't do it.  He gets to call me every night & come home on the weekends, which makes him being there for 7 weeks bearable.  Alyx & I are super stoked to see him this weekend.

Our little family is heading in a different direction now & it looks like a much better place to go.  Although we appreciate Becky for letting us live with her, it will be a wonderful feeling to just be the 3 of us again.  The plan is for Nyles to graduate his academy, then we move to Thatcher (Nyles will be working at one of the Safford prisons) & I go back to nursing school at EAC while he's working.  We're very excited for this new life to begin & have already started towards that goal.

1 comment:

Jar and Steph said...

Awesome! We're so excited for you guys to move towards these new goals. You are great! It will be fun to take trips to Safford to see your family!