Saturday, May 7, 2011

Missing My Love In Texas

We're around 1,200 mi. apart right now

"Everything"


You're a falling star, You're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And You're the perfect thing to say.


And you play it coy but it's kinda cute.
Ah, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend that you don't know it's true.
'Cause you can see it when I look at you.


[Chorus:]
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.


You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday.


And I can't believe, uh that I'm your man,
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.


[Chorus]


So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la


[Chorus:]
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything.
Yeah, yeah


So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
so, la, la, la, la, la, la, la


- Michael Buble


This song is mine & Nyles' unofficial song since we didn't find it until after we picked "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker.  I love both songs, especially, when Nyles sings them to me but, "...you're my everything" pretty much sums up how Nyles & I feel about each other.  We even said  that exact thing or variations of it all the time to each other before we even heard the song.  Everytime I've heard this song lately (among other things) it's made me miss Nyles so much.  On the 1st of May, he & dad took off in the Prius to head the 19 hours or so to McAllen, TX to sell alarms.  it's been a week since he's been gone & Alyx & I have been missing having him with us all the time.  He feels the same way & calls or texts us every day, so that's been really nice.  They're going to be gone until the 15th (possibly longer) & this is definitely the longest time we've been away from each other.  People always say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder," but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I appear to be taking it good on the outside but inside I've felt heartache & longing for him since the moment we let go of each other & said see you in a couple weeks.  Nyles says that he never wants to be away from each other this long ever again.  I agree.  So maybe being gone this long will help us not take each other for granted & realize all that we do for the other.  All I know is since the day I met the love of my life & beyond (April 25, 2007), I want to spend as much time with him as I can & he just so happens to feel the exact same way.  Luckily, I've had a lot of distractions by doing things with mom & going to Payson & doing things with everyone up there.  Grandma D kept me & Alyx especially entertained & preoccupied.  I just love my handsome, wonderful, impressive...hubby so very much & am excited for when he comes back home to us.  Good luck out there babe!



 Some pics Alyx took to send to her daddy







1 comment:

Courtney B said...

I'm so sorry girl!! This is so incredibly hard! My husband and I did long distance for 2 and a half months and it was rough! I had clients telling me they WISHED their husbands would go work out of town. It made me so sad for them because I HATED it!! I still go work a week out of town every month and I just crave my husband the whole time! I hope the time goes by so fast for you!
You have a beautiful family!